Translate Hive are the “non-automotive” brand of Laird Assessors. Whilst we main offering is for Languages, translations & interpretations, we do offer a range of other legal support services throughout the UK.
The main services we provide are:
- Interpretation – verbal appointment done either in physical attendance or remote – attend courts, medical appointment, solicitor conferences or one to one with a client
- Translation – written assignment – we can translate from English to a source language, or from a source language into English. We deal with all of the 300+ languages currently spoken in the UK.
- Proofreading – having an expert review original and translated copy documents to ensure that the semantics and terms of phrase are translated accurately in both text and grammar.
- Witness Statement Taking – can be done in person or remotely (also can be done with the assistance of an interpreter for any foreign speakers)
- Locus Reports – a report of where an incident has happened – mainly image based, it allows a jury to be placed at an incident scene without having to attend physically
- Injury Photography (often referred to as a “Scarring Report”) – images of injuries sustained from an incident with measurements
- Document Collection – agent attends a client to deliver documents from solicitor for reading and signing by a client
- Cold Call / Tracing – solicitors can often lose touch with a client, so we send and agent to the last known address to try and locate them – liaise with passers by / neighbours to ascertain if the client is still at the address
We are always more than happy to discuss additional service requirements.
For interpretation / translation / proofreading all languages, all experts are registered with the NRPSI (National Register of Public Service Interpreters) All are fully vetted for security clearances and must have accomplished a minimum number of hours of experience to qualify. They are the highest quality of independent language experts. The requirements for government translations are that they must be carried out by a translation company (which we are) or the expert is fully qualified (all statements of truth from the language expert state their qualification), so we tick both boxes.
Witness Statements / Document Collection / Cold Call – are conducted by experts who have worked in the police sector and have qualifications to conduct the appointment
Locus Reports – We have several agents throughout the UK all of whom have exceptional levels of experience with photographing areas and reporting on the area as a whole, (e.g. road surface type / CCTV presence / speed limits etc)
Injury Photography – Our experts are experienced professional photographers and have DBS clearance checks to ensure that they can attend clients and can take images, sometimes of a sensitive area.
All interpretation and translation assignments are completed with a Statement of Truth from the language expert, so are fully CPR compliant.
To find out about our service including our flexible & volume discount payment terms, please fill in the form below & we’ll get straight back to you: