6,500 languages are spoken daily across the globe. Connectivity is growing rapidly, so proper translation services are incredibly important.
We were going to waffle on about out fantastic team, amazing track record and five star customer reviews but considered examples of computer translation might be more amusing, so here goes:
- Spotted in a Copenhagen airline ticket office: “We take your bags and send them in all directions”
- A global beer brands strap line: “Turn it loose” ended up in Spanish as “Suffer from diarrhoea”
- A Czech tourist agency gave an interesting warranty: “Take one of our course driven city tours – we guarantee no miscarriages”
- A Laundrette in Rome had an eye raising offer: “Ladies leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time”
- Spanish airplane sick bag had an alternative use: “Bags to be used in case of sickness or to gather remains”
- A Korean airplane’s wise words: “Upon arrival at Kimpo airport, please wear your clothes”
- Computer translations can be funny, but costly to business. A global bank’s campaign: “Assume Nothing” was translated to “Do
- Nothing” in many countries and cost $10m in rebranding to repair.
So if you’re exporting, deal internationally or want to appeal to a wider audience, don’t leave your communications to interpretation – speak to us. We translate into any language; websites, instructions, legal documents, technical copy. We get the right meaning, not just the literal translation.